Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment with Summer Session staff member! We are here to help virtually.
Why Summer Session?
- Accelerate progress towards your degree
- Enroll in courses that are difficult to enroll in during the fall, winter or spring quarters
- Enhance your career prospects
- Enrich your cultural and intellectual knowledge
FINANCIAL AID NOTE: UCSD students need a total of 6 units minimum throughout all Summer Sessions to be eligible for Summer Aid. Non UCSD students should contact their home campus Financial Aid Office.
ACADEMIC RIGOR NOTE: The majority of classes in the summer are the same you will find during the 10 week academic year terms (Fall, Winter, Spring Quarters), and are taught in 5 week sessions.
IMPORTANT: If you drop a course, be sure to do the following: check the refund schedule, contact housing, and contact financial aid.
- Determine your eligibility to be a Summer Session student
- Campus health and safety regulations can be found on the Return to Learn website.
- Search the Schedule of Classes to find the course(s) you need
- In-Person: course will have an on-campus building and room
- Fully remote: course will have the building name RCLAS
- Hybrid: combination of an on-campus building and room assignment with building name RCLAS
- Visit Application and Enrollment to complete the summer session application
- Enroll in your course(s) via WebReg
- Pay summer fees
- Review Course Syllabus on Canvas.
- Complete Course Assignments
- Review transcript record
Summer Session 2023 Dates
Summer Session 1: July 3 - August 5
Summer Session 2: August 7 - September 9
Special Session: Dates Vary
Preview of Classes 2023 - Now Available
The Preview of Classes (in-person and remote) for 2023 is now available online.
Click here for a direct link to the Preview of Classes.
Speak with Summer Session Staff!
We are available to answer your questions by phone.
Living on Campus
Summer is coming! It's never too early to plan for summer. Learn more about Summer Opportunities through our monthly webinar series.